1. Though Thursday night is not quite technically the weekend...I would have to say that's where my weekend started off. I managed to get a quick walk in on the High Line before meeting up with a couple girlfriends for some drinks at Half King. Catching up with them was so much fun. Though I think we all universally wished it had been the official weekend when we had to get up for work the next morning.
2. Kept things low key on Friday night. Our local grocery/specialty shop makes the best sandwiches in the neighborhood. When we heard they were doing a Friday night price-fixe dinner, we gladly signed up.
3. Dinner consisted of two choices for your starter and main course plus desert. All the food was fantastic. It's so nice to see a local place coming into it's own - especially when they do such a great job.
4. Saturday was spent in Red Hook with the husband and sister-in-law - taking advantage of "The Total Red Hook Immersion."
5. Brunch at Home Made with a complimentary bottle of Brooklyn beer. It felt like summer had officially arrived sitting out back in the shady garden enjoying good food and drinks.
6. From brunch we biked over to Rocky Sullivan's. We got there too late in the afternoon to secure a table on the roof, but it's definitely on the list of places we have to get back to soon.
7. We took a break from immersing ourselves to bike around the waterfront by Ikea. They made a great bike path that does a nice job of reflecting the industrial feeling of the neighborhood.
8. After all the sun, food, and beer, we were pretty done for the night. We were pretty lazy on Sunday morning too - catching up on TV shows, cleaning up the apartment, relaxing. But we did manage to fit in a trip to Milk Bar in the late afternoon.
9. The husband went for the salted caramel ice cream while I went for the cereal milk ice cream. Both were pretty amazing. As is everything I've had there...they make a candy bar pie. Need I say more?
10. I swear my husband is actually happy about the beer that's in front of him! We wandered back over to Jalopy Tavern for a pre-dinner drink. Sunday was beautiful as well - we had to take advantage of as much outside time as possible.
11. There was a serious jam session outside Jalopy Theatre (the music venue next door to Jalopy Tavern). We listened for a bit before heading home for some dinner and getting ready for the upcoming week.
Follow me on Instagram (@sarahrosenberg) for more!