Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving on Cape Cod


After a train ride out of one city and a car ride into another, I arrived on Cape Cod to spend the holiday with my husband's family. During our traditional walk on the beach before the meal, I truly appreciated that, this year, Thanksgiving had arrived on an unseasonably warm, cloudless day. The kind of day where you can still get away with a fall jacket–just barely.





One last chance to walk in the sand before the snow starts falling.  (I don't generally wear suede boots on the beach, I also had sneakers!)

Classic red and black checkers hold in heat and keeps things casual. A pretty romper is great for walking, especially when the wind starts blowing.  Side note: by adding opaque tights to an outfit you can help to extend the life of more summery pieces.  Despite the sunny skies, I knew the cold was coming. My bright blue nail polish is a departure from this summer's hot pinks but still adds a flash of bright color.  Before five o'clock, the sun was going down, and it really started to feel like winter. A few cozy staples in black kept me warm.




Of course, staying warm on the beach in November isn't easy.  I guess it's time to accept that fall is drawing to a close. But if that means a beautiful day on the beach that ends with a warm meal and family, that's fine by me.


Jacket: ADAM / Sweater: Denim + Supply / Romper: H+M / Tank: ADAM / Boots: Steve Madden / Tights: Target / Necklace: J.Crew / Hat: J.Press / Gloves: Obey / Nail Polish: Essie Mezmerised

1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete