Thursday, December 1, 2011

Feeling the Fall

Sure, it's been a little while since I've been a student, and it's a little late for a back-to-school post. But the leaves in New England are still fully fall, and there was something about visiting the state where I got my degree that put me in the spirit.
The muted, neutral colors of this sweater and blouse matched the shades of the leaves on the ground, while the hat's red is reminiscent of their bright colors before they fell.  
The slouchy hat, sweater, and jeans combo is perfect for comfortable-cool. I completed the outfit with the belted blouse for a bit of femininity and shape.  The blouse is actually more of a blazer or "third piece," but by wrapping it and adding a belt, the blazer turned into a blouse in no time at all!

It never fails–every time I wear these jeans outside New York City, some random middle aged dude is sure to let me know they've got a few holes and need to be replaced!
Just because the weather's cooler doesn't mean you need to live in boots. For socks, however, I do recommend a pair without holes.
Ready for class–only now I'm studying the hues of nature and the crunch of the leaves underfoot.


Sweather: J.Crew / Blouse: Zara / Tank: ADAM / Belt: Urban Outfitters / Jeans: Current Elliot / Shoes: Zara / Sunglasses: Ray Ban / Hat: Madewell / Necklace: Vintage / Socks: the Sock Man (on St. Marks Pl.)


Photo Credit: Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment