Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dead End

It was super grey out (and freezing cold), so I decided to brighten things up with some colorful layers.
 I reworked this dress (last seen here) into a flippy mini-skirt.
 Belting my trusty chambray button up over the dress gave some definition.
 The colors in the Fair Isle pattern in the sweater picked up the color of the skirt perfectly.
I've had this Foley + Corinna bag for years (in fact the label dates back to when the bags were produced under the Anna Corinna label!).  It's one of my favorites, the leather keeps getting better with age - and it could literally fit my life inside.
I rounded things out with opaque tights and penny loafers.  Warm, easy and colorful.
Sweater: Gap / Shirt and Necklace: J. Crew / Dress (worn as skirt): Madewell / Tight: Target / Shoes: Bass / Belt: Urban Outfitters / Bag: Foley + Corinna / Sunglasses: Cutler and Gross


Photo Credit: Husband

4 comments:

  1. Love the layering, Sarah! I have that SAME sweater from The Gap. Thank you for reminding me I have it...I'm going to bust it out and wear it later today! As always, gorgeous photos :) www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you through a post on Foley+Corrina's facebook. Love your outfit and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look so much, but as a recent New York transplant I think I would need to add about 78 more layers (I am literally wearing tights under my jeans as I sit in my office right now) :)

    Love your blog! x Carly

    http://onedayinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to pair your skirt with tights - you have inspired me!

    Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete